Macmillan Fundraiser Party 30th Nov 2013
On the 30th November from 3pm – ends 11pm. Afternoon more games for kids, Middle bit Strictly Come Dancing communal viewing and fancy dress (and a poker school for strictly refuseniks) evening more for grown-ups but kids welcome until 11pm too.
Venue: Bounds Green Bowls and Tennis Club CLICK HERE for details
To warm you up for the seasonal festivities to come we are planning a party. But a party with a difference…
We would like to raise heaps of cash for Macmillan Cancer Support whilst having party fun, here’s how it will work.
We have a rough timetable now!
3 – 6.30 pm Fun stuff to do and watch as per list below – now also includes horse racing in the conservatory, pass the parcel, now many things in the thing competition (things to be decided) and pin the thing on the thing. (likewise).
6.30 – 8pm pm Strictly Come Dancing on the big screen, cocktails, Strictly Dress up competition (while we clear up the hall and band sound check) – there’ll be a little strictly quiz to warm things up, you can bid to be a judge for the dress up comp too.
People who don’t care about Strictly – We’re setting up a poker school for you.
8pm – 10pm Live Music – 10pm – 11pm 70’s and 80’s DISCO
Once again, you must….
However we will be able to change the odd tenner if you’re desperate, as we have the services of BANKER CLAUS. You will be charged a mere 50p per person at the door, plus after that we’ll be collecting further small donations from you for all of the following:
- Mince pies, sausage rolls etc, mulled wine, tea/coffee
- Party and board and quiz games
- Busking: Live music
- Table tennis
- Have a go at bowls
- Have a Go at Tennis (just wear trainers/sneakers)
- Learn to Knit
- Strictly Come Dancing on the BIG SCREEN
- Prizes for the most ‘strictlyfied’ party guest
- Magic Tricks
- Record requests for dancing later on
- Head and shoulder massage
- Science Trick table
- Art Table
- Other things we haven’t even thought of yet…
So, especially if you bring children with you, there will be lots to do!.
But if you want to just chat, eat and drink, that’s cool too.
Please do just come, with your change, and have fun, OR if you want to help more:
- Bake, make or buy something to eat that we can get more donations for
- Do your party piece to busk (let us know so we can plan you in!)
- Be in charge of a table for a bit (especially kids activities)
RSVP to: Katie email@example.com or Mary firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Questions, please phone Katie 02088889321 or Mary 02088891190
While we’ve been planning our fundraiser we have lost three friends to cancer, Sarah, Vic and Ian who all died in October, we miss them.